Updated: Jan 19, 2022
Things don’t just snap back into place after you have a baby! Pregnancy affects your entire musculoskeletal system!
- ligaments and joints in the pelvis shift
- abdominals stretch
-Linia alba (connective tissue of abdominal wall) becomes thin and can separate —> Diastasis Recti
- pelvic floor can weaken from all the pressure of the growing belly
Recovery isn’t just about core strength —> it’s also about core function, total body stability & coordination!
As a mom, we are pulled in MANY directions, we multi-task, and a lot of times we need more than 2 arms!!
My method, not only helps to restore your core, but it also helps you to prepare for those physical demands during any stage of motherhood!
-Our body needs to work in synergy and we need to be able to move with ease and have energy to care for our family!!
-We want to reduce the effects of those repetitive movement patterns that can lead to muscle imbalances and potential injury.
- Focus on neutral alignment, strong posture, hip stability, core & pelvic floor strength
1. Without proper stability of the spine and pelvis your body can become out of alignment—> which can cause neck, shoulder, hip, back & knee pain.
2. If your hips don’t move correctly compensation will happen in the core and pelvic floor and it will pull you out of alignment
3. If you have pain in your pelvic floor or tightness in your hips then start to focus on strengthening and FIRING UP those GLUTES.
Remember that your body is an interconnected chain —> when we move better we will feel better!